Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First Post

Well, all blogs have to start somewhere, right? Nice to meet you all. I'm Nobu, the project lead for a game Subsoap is currently developing called FaeSaga. :)

What you are (hopefully) looking at right now is the development blog for our project. It is one of the first steps in the process of unveiling the existence of this project to the public. Development on the project itself has just begun, but I've been designing specifications for it for several months now. The team is small right now (and I can't introduce them all yet!), but I'd like to tell you the roles of the people currently on it. However, before that, I'd like to thank Andrew Sum for helping put this project on the right track when it first started, and some very useful advice thereafter. Thanks!

About Me -- There's probably a lot of you who have heard of me from projects I've done in the past, or possibly from some random thing you saw or heard on the internet. If you haven't, that's okay, because for this blog in particular you won't need to know any of that stuff. My job as project lead basically means that (as of right now, at least) I'm doing the majority of the development and coding for FaeSaga. Most of the game's design decisions, general art direction, initial testing, and such is what I'm supposed to be concentrating on. On top of those duties, I will also begin to blog publicly about my current work. I've also had past experience with composing music for games, as well as some general art interests, but for Subsoap, my primary function is to see FaeSaga gets made. Therefore, I will sometimes contribute some resources on the side which are related to the project, but won't be doing much (if any) of the art or music assets for the game.

Brian Kramer -- Brian's the brains and business end behind Subsoap, and also the Executive Producer of FaeSaga. Part of his job on the project is to make sure I do my job, and not to get too distracted from our long-term goals. He also pretty much bankrolls everything, and gets the final say on greenlighting any important financial decisions. Brian's also gonna be hopefully helping me translate my super geek-speak into more practical things when I get neck-deep into my coding work (ie: updating the blog when I'm indisposed, or adding posts to elaborate on game developments when my posts ramble on, or don't make sense).

James Aaron Christie -- James is working on the web back-end for the project, which I'm told is a very important thing.

Subsoap has some other members, but they're not involved with the project (yet!). I'm sure they'll introduce themselves when they're good and ready!

Stay tuned for more posts. I've got a lot to say, since we're just getting started :3

Please Share


No comments:

Post a Comment